ABOUT MONICA HAMER
Monica is a Certified CranioSacral Therapist with over 20 years of extensive training through Upledger Institute International (UII). She also serves as a Certified Teaching Assistant with UII for a variety of CranioSacral classes around the country.
Monica integrates CranioSacral Therapy's low impact application with other modalities to treat a range of issues that traditional medicine has been unable to address. Most recently, she has founded Crisis Support Therapy Partners, a Texas nonprofit organization that provides alternative health therapies to communities affected by trauma. Service Clinics are already underway in the town of Uvalde, Texas.
As an experienced birth doula trained through Doulas of North America (DONA), Monica has worked as a birth assistant for local midwives and taught a variety of classes in the new mother/family community. She also earned advanced certification training in medical massage for pregnancy, labor and post-partum.
One thing that sets Monica apart from other therapists is her emphasis on educating her clients on the impact that the mind-body connection has on their overall health. She believes in empowering her clients to look at health from a lifestyle perspective by incorporating a variety of tools that help each individual as opposed to a “magic pill.”
FOR MONICA, IT'S PERSONAL
The most distinctive quality in Monica’s practice is the personal time and attention she gives to create a safe, therapeutic experience for each of her clients. This is in part because of the impact that alternative health therapies had on her third pregnancy, which allowed her and her baby to have a healthy delivery. Because of this a significant portion of her practice is devoted to infant care.
A native Texan and mom to three young adults, Monica and her husband currently live in Dallas. She is known by her friends, family and clients for her joyful spirit and caring personality.
"CST has been very helpful to lower my stress levels, increase my mind-body awareness and help with TMJ. It's one of the things I do for preventative maintenance."
N.T. - CHICAGO, IL.
TRAINING & ACCREDITATIONS
- Techniques Certified CranioSacral Therapist
- Certified Teaching Assistant
- CranioSacral Therapy 1 & 2, Teaching Assistant
- SomatoEmotional Release 1 & 2, Teaching Assistant
- CranioSacral Therapy for Pediatrics 1 & 2, Teaching Assistant
- CranioSacral Therapy for Conception, Pregnancy, and Birth 1 & 2, Teaching Assistant
- CranioSacral Therapy for Sensory Integration
- Lymphatic Total Body Balancing, Teaching Assistant
- SomatoEmotional – Mastering the Inner Physician, Teaching Assistant
- Body Alchemy of Relational NeuroScience/Treating Trauma and Abuse 1
- CST Touching the Brain: Stimulating Self-Correction Through the Glial Interface
- CranioSacral Therapy and the Immune Response
- Comprehensive Therapy Program
Trainings & Certifications
- 200 Hour Meditation Teacher Certification
- Medical Massage for Pregnancy and Postpartum Certification
- Infant Massage Instructor
- Birth Doula Training through DONA
- Medical Intuitive Certification
- Infant Resuscitation Certification
- CranioSacral Therapy for Breastfeeding
- CPR Certification
- Reiki Level 1 & 2
- Cupping & Shinua Therapy
- Reflexology for Massage
- Thai Massage & Stretching
Pro Bono Service
- Prenatal massage
- Infant Massage
- Pediatric Massage
- Birth Doula
- CranioSacral Therapy for Pediatrics & Adults
- CST/Massage Therapy for Scoliosis
- Founder & CEO, Crisis Support Therapy Partners
- 3 full-marathons, including Chicago, NYC, Vancouver
- 18 half-marathons across the country
- Running Coach for full & half Marathons
- Raising 3 children, now in college – my crowning achievement!
GUEST THERAPIST | MELODY LEE, MS, LMT, CST-D
Mirashift is pleased to welcome highly acclaimed CST practitioner, Melody Lee, as a featured guest therapist for one week only in our Dallas office. Based in Houston, Melody is one of the most recognized professionals in the discipline.
Ms. Lee specializes in CranioSacral Therapy and uses it to help people with chronic neck & back problems, depression, anxiety, addiction support, migraine headaches and chronic pain. Her clinical experience includes working at the Upledger Institute clinic as a lead therapist in their Military Veterans Program treating Veterans with PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) and as a support therapist in their Concussion Program treating people with Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries. In addition she has extensive experience as both a support therapist and lead therapist at the Upledger sponsored Integrative Intentions clinic in New Mexico. At their Intensive Program she treated clients with both physical and emotional related issues.
Ms. Lee's professional goal is to create a safe, soothing atmosphere to support you and help facilitate your healing journey.
CST Partners provides free alternative health therapies to communities affected by school shootings.
At our most recent clinic, CST Partners treated children and parents who are direct survivors of the Robb Elementary school shooting on May 24th, 2022. Participants benefited from CranioSacral Therapy and Art and Sound Therapy.